THE NATIONAL VOICE OF SPECIALTY OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE IN CANADA
|DATE||ORGANIZATION||EVENT NAME||VENUE & LOCATION|
|September 11-13, 2022||CBOM/OEMAC||CBOM/OEMAC Annual Scientific Meeting||Victoria, BC|
|October 29, 2022||OMSOC/OMA||OMA Day in Occupational Medicine||Toronto, ON/ Virtual|
|November 7, 2022||University of Alberta - Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry||Occupational Medicine Course on Work, Stress and Activity||Virtual, Zoom|
OMA Annual Day in Occupational Medicine Topics
Please register for the event here!
Upcoming 12th Day in Occupational Medicine will be held on October 29, 2022 at the Pan Pacific Hotel Toronto as well as in virtual format. Based on the feedback from previous attendees as well as your responses regarding your topics of choice as a part of the survey circulated in the Spring of 2021, this year’s event will cover the following topics:
- The new Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) Designated Substance Regulations and Codes for Medical Surveillance (Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development)
- Clinical Services Overview and the Occupational Health Assessment Program (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board)
- Statement on Dermatitis (Public Health Ontario)
Common issues in Practice
- Common Environmental Medicine Concerns in Primary Care
- Pregnancy and Occupational Hazards
- Information Requirements and Legal Issues in Disability Management
- Fitness to Drive Assessments and the CMA Driver's Guide
College of Family Physicians of Canada – Mainpro+:
CFPC CERT+ ID#: 198139-001
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by Continuing Professional Development, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto for up to 6 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – Section 1
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by Continuing Professional Development, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto. You may claim a maximum of 6 hours (credits are automatically calculated).